Brain Tumour & treatment through Ayurveda
- Astrocytoma is the most common type of glioma. Astrocytomas begin in cells called astrocytes in the cerebrum or cerebellum. Glioblastoma multiforme (also called grade IV astrocytoma) is a very aggressive form of astrocytoma.
- Oligodendroglioma is a tumor that develops from cells called oligodendrocytes. These cells are responsible for producing the myelin that surrounds nerves.
- Brain stem gliomas begin in the glial cells in the brain stem.
- Ependymomas, which begin in the ependyma (the cells that line the passageways in the brain where cerebrospinal fluid is made and stored.
- Mixed tumors, which are composed of more than one of the glial cell types.
- Meningioma is the most common primary non-glioma brain tumor. It begins in the meninges surrounding the brain and spinal column and is most often benign. Meningioma can cause significant symptoms if it grows and presses on the brain or spinal cord.
- Acoustic schwannoma (also called acoustic neuroma) is a rare tumor that begins in the vestibular nerve and is normally benign.
- Craniopharyngioma is a benign tumor that begins near the pituitary gland. These tumors are rare.
- Medulloblastoma, which begins in granular cells in the cerebellum, is most common in children and is most often malignant.
- Primary CNS lymphoma is a form of lymphoma (cancer that begins in the lymphatic system) that starts in the brain.
- The pineal and pituitary glands, located near the base of the brain, are the location of about a small no. of all brain tumors.
Gender: – Men are generally more likely than women to develop gliomas, while women are more likely to be affected by meningiomas.
Home/occupational exposures: – Occupational exposures to solvents, pesticides, oil products, rubber, or vinyl chloride may increase the risk of developing a brain tumor, although there is no scientific evidence to date. Black hair dye has also been researched as a potential cause of brain tumors, although the data remains inconclusive at this time.
Some genetic conditions: – Some genetic conditions, such as von Hippel-Lindau disease, Turcot syndrome, or neurofibromatosis, increase the risk of developing a brain tumor.
Exposure to infections, viruses, and allergens: – Infection with the Epstein-Barr virus increases the risk of CNS lymphoma. Several types of other viruses have been shown to cause brain tumors in experimental animal studies; however, more data is needed in order to determine if exposure to infections, other viruses, or allergens affect brain tumor risk.
Electromagnetic fields: – Electromagnetic fields, such as energy from power lines or from cell phone use, may or may not increase the risk of developing a brain tumor.
Ethnicity: – In the United States, whites have higher rates of gliomas but lower rates of meningioma than blacks. The rate of malignant brain tumors in Japan is less than half the rate of Northern Europe.
Ionizing radiation: – Treatment with ionizing radiation (including x-rays) has shown, in some cases, to be a risk factor for brain tumors.
(3) Signs and Symptoms: –
* Headaches, which may be severe and may worsen with activity or in the early morning.
* Personality or memory changes
* Nausea or vomiting
* Vision changes such as blurred
* Pressure or headache near the tumor
* Loss of balance and difficulty with fine motor skills
* Changes in judgment, including loss of initiative, sluggishness, and muscle weakness or paralysis (Frontal lobe of the cerebellum)
* Partial or complete loss of vision (occipital lobe of the cerebellum)
* Changes in speech, hearing, memory, or emotional state including aggressiveness and problems understanding or retrieving words (temporal lobe of the cerebellum)
* Altered perception of touch or pressure, arm or leg weakness on one side of the body, confusion with left and right sides of the body (parietal lobe of the cerebellum)
* Inability to look upward (pineal tumor)
* Lactation, altered menstrual periods, and growth in hands and feet in adults (pituitary tumor)(4) Diagnosis as per modern science: –
(a) Imaging tests
- Magnetic resonance Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Computerized Tomography
- Positron emission tomography
(d) Lumbar puncture
(f) Cerebral arteriogram
(g) Stereotactic biopsy
(h) Evoked potentials
(5) Staging: –
Malignant (cancerous) tumors of the brain and spinal cord (the central nervous system [CNS]) differ in several important ways from tumors in other parts of the body. In the rest of the body, the most deadly aspect of a malignant tumor is its ability to spread throughout the body. In contrast, tumors starting in the brain or spinal cord can spread to other parts of the CNS, but they almost never spread to other organs. The dangerous aspect of these tumors is that they can interfere with essential, normal functions of the brain.
(2) Swarn Bhasm 500mg
(3) Rajat Bhasm 2.5 gm
(4) Swarnbhasantmalti Ras 2 gm
(5) Abharak Bhasm Sahasar Putti 3 gm
(6) Swarnmakshik Bhsam 5 gm
(7) Shwaschintamani Ras 2 gm
(8) Rasraj Ras 2 gm
(9) Bhrami Vati with gold 2gm
(10) Yogender Ras 1 gm
(11) Cancervidhwansan Ras 2 gm
(12)Shilasandoor 2.5 gm
(13) Navratankalpamrit Ras2 gm
(14) Rajmrig Ras 1 gm
(15) Sarweshar Parpati Ras 2 gm
(16) Hemgarbhpotli Ras 1gm
(17) Vaikrant Bhasm 2.5 gm
(18) Vrhitvangeshvar Ras 2 gm
(19) Basantkusmakar Ras 1 gm
(20) Vrhitsutshekh Ras 2 gm
(21) Dhatri Loh 5gm
(22) Kalmeghnavayas Loh 5gm
(23)Punarvamandoor 5 gm
(24)Tamar Bhasm 1 gm
(25) Giloysatv 10 gm
(26) Mukta Pisti 2 gm
(26)Parval Panchmamrit Ras 5 gm
(27)Shidmakar Dhwaj 2gm
(28) Vrhtvatchintamani Ras 2gm
Mix all the above medicines and make Sixty equal doses.Take twice a day with one to two teaspoonful of honey and half teaspoonful of almond oil or with milk.
These should be taken for atleast 6 months. The results are evident within first few days of treatment.
(2) Capules cruel 30 .Take one cap once a day with water.
(3) Capsules Cancergaj kesari 30.. Take one caps once a day.
(4) Cap. Guggul, Capsule Ashwagandha, Tablet Kachnaar Guggul, Cap. Tulsi, Cap. Curcumin – Take out ingredients of 1 capsule, ( Crush kachnaar guggul tablets -2 tablets) – make the powder- give twice daily mixed in water, if the patient is unconscious or give 2 capsules /tablets twice daily
(5) Cap. Bramhi – 2 capsules twice daily